Wednesday, April 4, 2007

The Joost Buildup


So Joost seems to be doing a pretty good job of building anticipation for the public launch.

The announced beta version 0.9 this week. They're signing content deals and pushing press releases. They're catering to bloggers with badges and tokens and invites.

Joost.com already has 67,976 backlinks, according to iwebtool. That's a lot more backlinks than I have for my blog!

The three big questions that remain are:
1. How and when will they open the doors to the public?
2. Can they gather enough content before then to make sure that most people's first experience is a good one
3. How can they set the hook, how will they get people to come back to Joost again and again?

7 comments:

Judy said...

I've just heard about Joost (I think it's the blonde roots that make me the last to hear about these things). Are you pleased with the service you've seen so far out of them? I saw one of the "channels" that seemed interesting (the sci-fi one), but then noticed it excluded the US and Canada. Any idea why? Anyway, thanks for the updates on it... I'll be checking back here.

peter woodford said...

No need to wait.
Internet TV is already here with viewmy.tv - social tools and live tv, online.

Ballin' On Tuesdays said...

Mind hooking me up with an invite? Thanks in advance. AETrailblazer@gmail.com

thomas said...

I would like to try joost could someone give me an invite

thomas said...

I would like and invite plz cdubb12ply@hotmail.com

etechnocraft said...

Looking great work dear, I really appreciated to you on this quality work. Nice post!! these tips may help me for future.
Chatville
Youtube.com/Activate
Groovy Bot In Discord
Fast People Search
Sportsurge

Car Accessories said...

Really this is awesome work with the blog
thestoriestimes
stories for kids
Narendra modi
sushant singh rajput
rashmika mandanna